分享

一分钟英语|Get roped into

 风吟楼 2020-06-13

点击上面播放按钮在线观看今天的视频)

Welcome to English in a Minute!

欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!

This idiom makes it sound like you are at a rodeo. 

这个习语听起来像是你在参加马术竞演会。

Hey, do you have any plans for the weekend?

嗨,你这周末有什么计划吗?

Well, I did have plans to go hiking.

我本来计划徒步旅行。

But, my friend asked me to cat-sit, so I guess I'm just staying around town.

但是我朋友让我去看护他的猫,我恐怕只能待在这座城市了。

Aren't you allergic to cats? How did you get roped into that?

你不是对猫过敏吗?你是怎么被拉拢做这个事情的?

I don't know. I just can't say no to this friend!

我也不清楚。我只是不能拒绝这个朋友!

To 'get roped into' something means to be persuaded to do something.

被拉拢做某事意味着某人被说服做某事。

Often something you do not really want to do.

通常情况下是做你并不愿意做的事情。

In our example, Anna got talked into watching a friend's cat.

今天例子中,安娜被说服照看朋友家的小猫。

The use of the word 'rope' probably comes from cowboys, who use a lasso to rope young cows while riding a horse.

“用绳索套捉”这个词可能来自于马上竞技手们,他们在他们骑马的时候使用套索来套捉牛。

And that's English in a Minute!

以上就是本期的《一分钟英语》!

    本站是提供个人知识管理的网络存储空间,所有内容均由用户发布,不代表本站观点。请注意甄别内容中的联系方式、诱导购买等信息,谨防诈骗。如发现有害或侵权内容,请点击一键举报。
    转藏 分享 献花(0

    0条评论

    发表

    请遵守用户 评论公约

    类似文章 更多