分享

第85期:Which finger? 戴哪个手指?

 懒人英语晨读 2022-08-08 发布于上海

「晨读音频」


Hello everyone! Welcome to my channel. I'm Reevs. Good morning!

大家好,欢迎来到懒人英语晨读栏目,我是Reevs,早上好呀!

And today we are at a wedding ceremony.

今天我们在一个婚礼上。

Okay, so we're gonna be talking about hands.

好了,我们要谈谈手了。 

Well, as you know, each finger has a name on your hand.

你知道,手上的每根手指都有一个名字。

So, we're gonna learn what those names are in English.

那么我们将要学习这些名字的英文名称。 

And also we're gonna learn about some common phrases, that you might hear in a wedding.

我们还将学习一些你可能在婚礼上会常听到的一些短语。

So let's go straight to our dialogue then.

那么我们直接来听对话。


「对话文本」

Priest: ...The rings please. May this ring be blessed so he who gives it and she who wears it may abide in peace, and continue in love until life's end.
......交换戒指。愿这枚被祝福的戒指带给赠与者和佩戴者平和,爱意直至生命最后一刻。

Bridegroom: With this ring I thee wed. Wear it as a symbol of our love and commitment.
以这枚戒指,我娶你为妻。戴上这枚象征爱与承诺的戒指。

Bride: Honey, that's my pinkie. The ring goes on the ring finger!
亲爱的,这是我的小指,戒指应该戴在无名指上。

Bridegroom: This one?
这个?

Bride: That's my index finger!
那是我的食指!

Bridegroom: Oh, right. This one, right?
哦,对了,这个,对吗?

Bride: Umm... that's the thumb, Nick.
额......那是大拇指,Nick。

Bridegroom: Okay, I got it! This is the ring finger!
好的,我知道了,这个是无名指! 

Bride: That's my middle finger, Nick. This is my ring finger!
那是我的中指,这才是我的无名指!

「重要发音技巧」

Welcome back. Here are some tips for you to practice and perfect your pronunciation.

欢迎回来。这里有一些可以让你去练习和完善发音的技巧,我们来一起看一下。

1. 辅元连读:as a

对话中:

Wear it as a symbol of our love and commitment.

辅元连读:

两个单词相邻时,前一个单词词尾是辅音,后一个单词开头是元音时,可以作辅元连读。

连读分析:

as /æz/ + a /ə/,其中 /z/是辅音,/ə/是元音,as a 可以连读为 /æzə/

复述:

Wear it as a symbol of our love and commitment.

2. 辅元连读+Flap T:got it

对话中:

Okay, I got it!

辅元连读:

两个单词相邻时,出现“辅音+元音=辅元连读”。

连读分析:

got /ɡɑːt/ + it /ɪt/,其中 /t/ 是辅音,/ɪ/ 是元音,got it 可以连读为/ɡɑːtɪt/

Flap T : 

连读基础之上,/t/ 在两个元音之间且非重读,/t/可以读为一个很轻的 /d/

Flap T分析:

/t/ 在元音 /ɑː/ 和 /ɪ/ 之间,且非重读,got it可以读为 /ɡɑːdɪt/

复述:

Okay, I got it!


「核心单词掌握」

So, I mentioned before that we're gonna learn the names of each finger in your hand, so let's get started.

我之前提到过,我们要学习手上每根手指的名字,现在让我们开始。

Alright, well, why don't we start with the smallest finger on your hand.

好的,为什么我们不从最小的手指来开始学习呢?

1. pinkie /ˈpɪŋki/ n. 小指

The smallest finger on your hand. That's called the pinkie.

你手上最小的一根手指,那是小指。

Sometimes people call it the little finger.

有时候人们叫它小拇指。

And the next finger is the one the groom couldn't find.

下一根手指就是新郎没找到的手指。

2. the ring /rɪŋ/ finger 无名指

So, this is, of course, like the name says, where the wedding ring is usually placed on this finger.

所以,这是当然,就像名字说的,结婚戒指通常被放在这个手指上。

Now, the next one is “the middle finger”.

现在,下一个是“the middle finger”。

3. the middle finger 中指

And it is a controversial finger. So, why is it controversial?

这是一个有争议的手指。那么,为什么会有争议呢?

Well, you know, if you put your middle finger up, and all other fingers down, you are making a very rude gesture.

如果你把你的中指竖起来,其他的手指都放下,那么你的手势就太粗鲁了。

It's not very polite. Don't do it.

这是不礼貌的。别这样做。

What we will talk about next is “the index finger”.

我们下面要讨论的是“the index finger”。

4. the index /ˈɪndeks/ finger 食指

Many cultures around the world consider it rude to point at someone. In some countries, pointing with your index finger is considered extremely rude.

世界上很多文化认为指别人是不礼貌的。在一些国家,用你的食指指别人被认为是极其不礼貌的。

So, don't do it.

所以不要用手指人哦。

Alright. And our last finger, the most important one “thumb”.

好了,最后一根手指,最重要的一根“thumb”。

5. thumb /θʌm/ n. 拇指

So, that's the short but fat finger on your hand.

这就是你手上的短而肥的手指。

Do you notice the "b" at the end of this word? Actually we only pronounce the "m". The "b" is silent.

你有注意这个单词末尾的 b 吗?实际上只发 m 音。b 是不发音的。

那我们经常表示很赞同的时候,就会竖起大拇指。

thumbs up 竖起大拇指,表示“赞成或者接受

thumbs down 拇指向下,表示“不赞成或者反对”


「实用口语表达」

Okay, so, now that we're clear on all five fingers, let's talk about these difficult phrases that the priest used. 

好的,现在我们五根手指的单词都清楚了,让我们来讨论一下牧师用过的那些难懂的短语。

So, the first one “may this ring be blessed”.

所以,第一个“may this ring be blessed”。

1. May this ring be blessed. 愿这枚戒指受到祝福。

So, what does it mean when you bless something or someone?

那么,当你祝福某物或某人时,这意味着什么呢?

Well, usually, the religious leader does this.

通常,宗教领袖会这样做。

And he's giving good wishes to that thing. It could be for an object or to a person.

他在给那个东西祝福,可能是给一个东西,也可能是对一个人。

You can be blessed as well. 

你也能收到祝福。

And so these good wishes usually come from God.

所以这些美好的祝福通常来自上帝。

Okay. so, what about our next phrase?

好的。那我们下一个短语呢?

2. abide in peace 平和

So, this verb “abide”. It means to live.

那么这个动词“abide”,意思是生活。

To be in peace.

和平相处。

And you would never use this word in conversation or even very rarely in writing. It's quite old.

你永远不会把这个词用在交谈上,甚至很少用在写作上。这是相当古老的词汇。

Moving to our third phrase.

来看第三个短语。

It's the common phrase you'll hear in all movies and in all marriages.

这是你在所有电影和婚姻中都能听到的一句话。

3. With this ring I thee wed. 以此婚戒,我与你结为夫妻。

Okay, we've got two words in here that are also older English words.

好了,我们这里有两个单词,也是较古老的英语单词。

thee /ðiː/ pron. 你

This is Middle-English term for “you”.

这是中古英语中的“you(你

If you're reading Shakespeare, you would definitely come upon this.

如果你在读莎士比亚的作品,你肯定会看到这个。

And the other one is “wed”. 

另一个是 “wed”。

wed /wed/ v. 结婚

This is also an old word for an old verb for the action of marring someone.

这也是一个古老的单词用来表示“结婚。

And our last phrase “wear it as a symbol of our love and commitment”.

好了,我们最后一个短语,“wear it as a symbol of our love and commitment”。

4. Wear it as a symbol of our love and commitment. 戴上它代表我们的爱和承诺。

You can't see love and you can't touch it.

你看不到爱,也不能触摸到它。 

So, you need something to show you that it's there.

所以你需要一些东西来证明爱的存在。

So, you need a sign of that love. Something that you can see.

所以你需要一个爱的符号——某种你能看到的东西。

Ring is a symbol of love. And wearing it is a symbol of commitment.

戒指是爱情的象征。戴上戒指就是一种承诺的象征。

So, if you put a ring on someone’s finger, please to love that person and take good care of him or her.

所以,如果你为一个人戴上了戒指,那么请好好爱他/她,好好照顾他/她。

Now, it's time for us to review what we've learned today.

现在我们来回顾一下今天所学习的内容,一起思考起来。


「今日所学回顾」


1. 发音重点:

辅元连读:as a
辅元连读+Flap T:got it

2. 单词重点:

pinkie /ˈpɪŋki/ n. 小指
the ring /rɪŋ/ finger n. 无名指
the middle finger n. 中指
the index /ˈɪndeks/ finger n. 食指
thumb /θʌm/ n. 拇指

3. 表达重点:

May this ring be blessed. 愿这枚戒指受到祝福。
abide in peace 平和
With this ring I thee wed. 以此婚戒,我与你结为夫妻。
Wear it as a symbol of our love and commitment. 戴上它代表我们的爱和承诺。

Alright, that's all for today. Thanks for coming. Hope you enjoy today's lesson. Have a nice day there :)

    转藏 分享 献花(0

    0条评论

    发表

    请遵守用户 评论公约

    类似文章 更多